October 21, 2015

Age of Sigmar Bases

I wanted to do something a bit more involved than my standard basing scheme for my Age of Sigmar bases. I still wanted it to fit with my older stuff so some thought was involved. What I finally came up with was a ruined temple. It fits fairly well within the setting. To make it convincing I got together some simple moulds for details.I am painting the stone in a marble effect. I have tried this out before with mixed success.

I want the bases to contrast well with the models that are on them and so a light colour works well enough and remains fairly neutral still.
I can get a lot more elaborate with the bigger bases but for now a stump is as exciting as it is going to get. I have to consider the best way to do fallen pillars and maybe even a tumbled statue or two. I will definitely need some better mould making materials if I am going to do that though.

4 comments:

  1. Nice - a work of art unto itself

    ReplyDelete
  2. AsI am not painting an armies worth of miniatures it seemed worthwhile to put some effort into these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Would love a tutorial though...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Friends