May 27, 2018

Nighthaunts on the Horizon

I  think I’m going to be one of many people who start a new army this summer: the Nighthaunts. I’ve been tempted by this army for a long while but as the range was so small I didn’t think I’d enjoy playing them in the long run. Now that the range is being massively expanded and included in the new starter box for Age of Sigmar I’ve got little excuse but to start them. I’m a big fan of the new models and they look like they can both be fun and quick to paint. I don’t have as much time to paint as I used to so it’s I,Portents that if I start a project I get to finish it. I’ve enough stuff lying around half done, I don’t need to add to it.

The best way to really decide if I want to start a new army is to paint a starter model and that’s just what I did. I’ve  had a Tomb Banshee for a while and it’s the perfect model to test an ethereal scheme on. I’ve used Tyler Mengels tutorial from here as a basis. I did an extra coat of the Oxide and that was too much, I’m future I’ll be more sparing in how I apply it. Still the rest came out well enough and I’ve learned or at least considered things I change for future models. I want to get this army done quickly so that I can get back to doing more Stormcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Friends