May 18, 2011

Vilmon, stop dying!

So I got Vilmon finished last week for a game. I rushed him a lot.I could go back and do some more work on him but I really don't feel like it at the moment. I was annoyed with him right from the beginning. There is a hellishly annooying mould line right across the cloak in a very visible place and due to a misalignment or maybe just the age of the mould I had a really tough time removing it. Especially considering I don't have a good needle file anymore so getting the area I 'doctored' smooth was time consuming. The arms also didn't fit together despite my best attempts to get everything ready. After a lot of curses and some green stuff I managed to assemble Vilmon.

Of course I was looking forward to using him on the tabletop. As you can predict the second he stuck his neck out even a little bit he got stomped on by the Withershadow Combine. So he didn't really get to shine on the tabletop just yet. I am hoping to give him some more game time on Sunday, maybe he can do better then!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about Vilmon, Paladins and Exemplar Seneschals, but mine roll a 2 or 3 on their attack nearly every game. Of course that nearly always results in them getting mashed into blood paste on my opponent's turn. It is especially annoying to miss on the second attack with the Seneschal, losing the chain attack. Just another anecdote in my epic 0/10 Warmachine record...

    Keep fighting for the Protectorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always the way with new models - opponents seem to go out of their way to kill them first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep thats the way with new models, at least he is only three points. I am dreading when I play with the Avatar for the first time...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Friends