June 25, 2018

The First of the Nighthaunts

They are done finally! These Spirit hosts took a little longer than expected but in the end I think it was worth it. I may have mentioned before that I am using Tyler Mengels' excellent painting guide for the models in my Nighthaunts army. I am trying to get this army knocked out quickly as time is extremely limited at the moment.  If I could get the army done by the end of the summer I would be extremely happy. Having seen how extensive the range is I am not sure if that's going to be entirely possible. Anyway these models were a bit of a pain to put together. Once I got familiar with the kit though it wasn't too hard. I think the instructions could be done a little better but hey these came out fine. Painting consisted of a white spray followed up with a nice thin coat of Ulthuan Grey (GW). This is quite blue but pale enough to work well with my washes and the final white highlight. I've made up some magic blue wash with about 60% Lahmian Medium and 40% Nikhilak Oxide, both from GW. This is still a little thick for me but making sure that the coverage is even and thin is fine. It can pool and that ruins the effect. After this I give some spot shading with thinned down Waywatcher Green (GW). Thats the easy work done as after this I highlight in two stages, Ulthuan Grey and White. As these models have a lot of surface area this can take its time. Hopefully the smaller Chainrasps will be quicker.

For bases I have gone with a graveyard theme as a lot of the models in the range come with this as standard. I made some railings and flagstones for the bases and with the addition of what comes in the kit I think it all works well together. Some dead looking vegetation tops this off for a nice Shysh look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Friends