August 25, 2009

One day to go!

Everything is packed! One more day left. I will be glad to leave the Wasps behind at least. The little feckers seem to think my room is paradise as every five minutes one flies in. At least Buddha will be happy as I have not resorted to flattening them yet!

I noticed that a new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is coming out. Looking through the initial description I am not too excited. It seems to have gone the same route as Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition. It might seem strange that I actually like the new 4th edition but not the new Fantasy Roleplay. The problem I have with what I see of Fantasy Roleplay is that they have abandoned what made their game unique. The atmosphere and horror of the Old World would not be as good as it is if you are actually playing a capable hero rather than the useless beggar.

I wasn't able to pick up all that I wanted from the local GW. So at the moment I have no spawn and no Deamonettes. I will have to huntdown the GW in Hamburg. I haven't even been able to find the address yet. Strangely White Dwarf has the addresses of all its shops in Europe except for Germany. I would havethough that they have a lot of shops there, Maybe not? I am looking forward to getting this army started. I have had it lying around for quite a while but have not been able to do anything with it at all. Hopefully the impetus lasts longer than the normal new army fever.

I am going to be attending the ranking tournaments in Ireland for the ETC. I don't know if I really want to compete at that level of Warhammer but at least if I do well in the qualifiers then I have the option. Its great, finally the Warhammer scene gets going in Ireland and I am leaving eh? Ah well it seems to be fairly active in Germany to. I am going to need a better carrying case to bring the armies around to all these upcoming tournaments. I have looked at what Battlefoam are offering but I am still unsure if it is good quality for the price. The custom cut foam seems interesting but I honestly dont think it is that useful. I see it being useful for Warmachine and Hordes where the beasts are heavy and have small connection points between the components. For the plastic GW modles like the new dragon I don't see it being as useful. As I won't have many models that need to be protected like this (it would have been handy for my Ogres though) I think I will just get the standard Warriors of Chaos trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Friends