January 31, 2012

Celestial Fulcrum pt. 2

So I made some progress on the Fulcrum. It is still going to take some time but at least now it is fully assembled. I got the Druids done and attached finally. I reinforced the attachments with some greenstuff as they didn't fit flush with the joint. I don't really intend travelling with the model so I didn't pin it everywhere I guess I should have. So the base, wood and druids shoes need to get done and I think that's it. I won't be giving it the full glowing rune paintjob. I don't think it suits in this case. The warm grey tone won't really suit so much green. The base is giving me nightmares. I will be giving it a different tone. I will highlight the grey with green. I will also add some texture with a gentle drybrush/overbrush technique. The final result though will come from the weathering pigments I think I will use. I have used them before on some citadel terrain, the Dreadstone Blight and it helped a lot to give a nice effect to the stone work. They are a little messy though and I will have to be super careful not to get them anywhere else on the model. Hopefully Wednesday or so should see me finished with this strange little beauty!

4 comments:

  1. this looks like a antique. really, it's so beautiful. This is one of the most beautiful item in antique collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently painting the Fulcrum myself, and was looking for inspiration. Like you your color choices a lot. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

Friends