February 8, 2012

Tharn Reinforcements

I am concentrating on getting my Tharn done at the moment. First up is the two extra models I need to max out my unit. As I have mentioned before I needed to match the new skin versus what I did with the old stuff. I eventually figured out that Scorched Brown (GW) was the secret. That plus some elf flesh and I had it. I was using Charred Flesh (VJ) but it doesn't work at all. It doesn't have the same red content and makes what would be a really odd skin tone. At the moment I am working on the Shaman. Yyou can see my progress here. Hopefully my White Mane and Chieftan arrive soon. They seem to be out of stock almost everywhere. I am also tempted to get a second unit just so I can do Kromac's theme list. I have Kromac but I haven't as yet painted him. I might get to him next week, depending on Beastmen progress. His theme list seems great and so I might start playing it a little. AT least I can test it on VASSAL first before investing.

2 comments:

  1. Those are cool models, great paint work.

    How do they look alongside beastmen gors and chaos warriors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are on 40mm bases I think. They are much larger than a Beastman. Maybe about the same size as one of the old metal Minotaurs from GW.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Friends