May 9, 2012
I don't have many living Warbeasts for my Circle force so I picked up two new ones recently. Here is the current progress on my Gnarlhorn Satyr. I think the model is really awesome. I am hoping it is just as good in the game. I am going to paint him in similar colours to my Beastmen I was doing before Christmas. The skin will be a khaki tone which will contrast nicely with a red cloth and the standard circle armour. I have been checking through some of my old posts on various fora to see how I did the armour. It would seem that the green in the recesses is a two stage process according to what I was saying back in 2006. I tried that here and it gave me a better colour I think. I have some more stuff to do on it to see how I can improve the armour overall. The neck of the model is actually a separate piece that attaches poorly to the body and head. I pinned it in place and have my fingers crossed that it will remain there. I just couldn't find a way to maximise the all to tenuous connection points. I can tell you that pouring on the superglue is generally a poor method to use on such a problem!