November 15, 2011

Can't see the Wood for the Wolds

Pokemon is a terrible game. I have been playing it instead of painting... damn but I have to catch them all! So yesterday I made no progress on my Wolfriders. I had intended to start with them but I was so close to catching Pikachu I couldn't put the DS down. So here is the Wold Guardian I finished on Sunday. He came out nicely in the end. I finally had my old Wolds here in Germany so I could copy the scheme from them. With some hours to kill and some Lost Hemisphere in the background I was able to get him done in one session. I was also doing a Wold Warden at the same time but I will put some pictures of him up tomorrow. Today I will be working on the Wolfriders and I will be adding some details to a beastman chariot too. I am eager to get the base coat on at least but with five large models I am guessing thats going to take a little longer than I would like. Hopefully I won't get tempted by the DS too much!

3 comments:

  1. Really like the green, and the wood's great as usual, but I feel the stone-bits are a bit.. flat? Either way, nice model (I have experience with GW's products mainly, so seeing some different models off different companies is a nice change - although I would've loved to see your WoC-army finished!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pokemon....NNooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    That is one strange looking miniature, nice paintwork. Its about as strange as the castle tower on top of my Knight's head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. noeste has a point. The cracked or engraved areas of stone look fine, but the smooth surfaces like the sides of the collar look like they need more texture. I'd almost recommend drybrushing...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Friends