December 9, 2011

Friday Showcase - Pureblood Warpwolf

I missed a post last week due to lying in bed with a temperature. As a treat I thought I would put up one of my favourite Circle models, the Pureblood Warpwolf. I remember falling in love immediately when I saw this model. I really think that the sculptor did an awesome job, something the Circle are lucky with. I wanted to follow the studio scheme and that meant white. I really don't like painting white, who does? However I did it and I think it came out okay, the shading is a little more subtle than is optimal but otherwise it is fine. Thankfully there was enough armour and leather to provide some good contrast to the white. In comparison to the other models in the predominately dark army the Pureblood really stands out. Thats fine as he does provide a great centerpiece sculpt. I just fear what the new plastic incarnation will be. I can't imagine it ever approaching the awesomeness that is this sculpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Friends