December 13, 2011

Tharn Wolfriders, finally done!

It is a bad picture as I couldn't get the focus to work correctly however this is the proof. They are done! Well actually when I was taking the photograph I noticed that I hadn't done the bases. I just packed away the models once the painting was done, I had had enough. I think the problem with the Tharn in general is that they have a lot of small details and it takes a lot of attention and effort to get them all done. The wolves were really nice to paint, especially as I went for varied colours with them all. That meant I wasn't getting annoyed painting the same colour over and over again. I think each wolf took about an hour of painting in total whereas the riders took far far longer.

Here is a much better shot of an individual Tharn. Hopefully you can make out the detail a little better than on the unit picture. I am guessing I need a decent tripod to get unit/army shots. You can also see that I made an effort and got the bases done. So the unit is finally finished. I went with a more normal human skin tone rather than the purplish colour I got before when highlighting their skin on other units. So now I am moving on to doing some solo's and getting the Beastmen for the Tale of Three Gamers done. I want to make sure that I hit the dealine this month at least!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, really nice paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look amazing! They look very realistic and those bases are... wow, so good! I am very jealous, sir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, you will enjoy todays Forest Basing tutorial for sure if you lied the bass above.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

Friends