So my painting schedule has not been interupted and I am getting close to finishing the Devil Dogs. It is really nice that they are all individual models rather than having duplicates in the unit. It does however make it a little annoying as you really have to pay attention to what you are about. At least the two I finished yesterday are similar enough. I really like theis model. He looks huge and they captures a nice level of movement. He really looks like he is piling forward ready to smash something with that axe. You can see the armour a little bit better than yesterdays photographs. The rust is visible too and hopefully not over done? I think it is a nice level but it is really easy to over do it. I am using Vajellos pigments for this and they are really nice, better than the artisits pigments I got though they are at least twice the price.
This is the first time I have done dark skin that I remember. It came out okay but not really what I was after. It is really red, far redder than a normal colour. The paints seemed fine when I mixed them but they really dried much lighter than I expected. I used Vajello Dark Skin as the highlighting colour. I think I should have stuck with bleached bone. At least I know for next time! The bases on these are not finished as I am awaiting some new products to arrive in the post. These are grass tufts that look better than the standard static flock. I want to use these on the Mercs as I think it will look a lot nicer in the end. The few models I have seen with them really look great. That combined with some other basing stuff should be good!