August 5, 2011

Kreoss, Grand it is!

I have been looking at what meites I need to complete still in my collection and I quickly realised that I really don't have much left. While I am not 100% satisfied with what I have I won't be buying much more. I am eager to get my khadorans started! However I would like to have a Tier 4 list for someone complete even though it does invlove duplicating some units. As I mentioned previously Grand Exemplar Kreoss is the list I am thinking of. While I have to duplicate some Knights Exemplar thats not too bad as I have them already. It does give me the chance to pick up some cavalry which I have never used in Warmachine. It also allows me to pick up some Errants and Incinerators. Well as the new starter set comes out soon I will be getting the Incinerators there so it kind of helps me build up by default. However yesterday I went to order some miniatures to start the army off and I couldn't. Stock levels are nearly non-existant in stores. Maelstrom Games have almost no Exemplars. Magierspiele, a local and sometimes very cheap gamesstore have very little too. In the end I just bought the Grand Exemplar and and Fires of Salvation.

So I want to build the list up in stages and in the tiers. The first stage being 15pts. Now you don't get a lot at this points level so meeting Tier requirements isn't the easiest. At Tier 2 I need only two units of Knights Exemplar. Thats pretty simple and here is what I have been thinking of:

Points: 15/15
Tiers: 2
Grand Exemplar Kreoss (*6pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Knight Exemplar Seneschal (3pts)

The Vanquisher thankfully comes in the starter box too and while I already have one this gives me a good excuse to have a second painted up and ready to field! It also provides me with some strong though short ranged fire support. So here comes Project: Kreoss, I don't know if I am brave enough to set a time limit for the 50pt army just yet. I need to sit down and think about what is really effective and what isn't first.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, apparently Privateer Press are really struggling to keep up with orders at the moment for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Friends