April 22, 2012

Scarsfell Griffon

I am really looking forward to the release of this Beast. It has been previewed at Adepticon and I have to say he looks awesome. The photo comes from Lost Hemisphere and you can check it out along with loads of other great ones here. It is not quite what I thought it would look like but that is fine. He follows the Circle 'manbeast' style rather than having a more classic Griffon shape. This aesthetic fits in with the rest of the Warbeasts. I had hoped for the classical style. The wings are lovely and hopefully allow for some reshaping. I wonder if the model is resin or metal. I hope resin as it is less likely to break while transporting and some hot water will allow me to do something nice with the wings. Shadow Shift is a fantastic animus and a lot of Circle Wwarlocks are going to benefit from it. I am thinking especially of Kromac as that is who I am playing at the moment. His leap ability really allows for some nice assassinations as he can pretty much get where he wants. The only problem with this is his initial 6" advance. During this he is subject to free strikes and a canny opponent is going to make sure that he feels some pain! Shadow Shift really cancels this threat out allowing pretty much freedom of movement for the assassination. It also allows a direct charge which is just as good but I still have to meet a player who allows me that courtesy! For every other 'lock it at least provides a get out of jail free card. There is nothing worse than being locked in combat with a dangerous heavy. Now it is possible to back out without suffering any damage at a relatively low cost. I hope the model comes out soon! I don't want to have to wait too long.

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention the Griffon will be great with pKaya too! I'll actually be posting an article which features the griffon probably in a couple of days. I'm REALLY excited for this model - probably more than any other Domination release since the warlocks dropped!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Friends