September 20, 2011

Thrall Warrior

I imagine this will be the week of the Risen. I have basecaoted Drake McBain but I haven't looked at him since. Last night I woked on the Thrall Warrior as I didn't have much time. I was being brought to the cinema, so that claimed my evening. I am not sure how happy I am with the rust on the armour. I didn't use the exact washes I used on the sword last week and so it is rather more dull. There isn't a lot of contrast in the tones either. I think I will go back and add some brighter orange, maybe even some yellow, to give the contrast some strength. I am not sure... this rust thing isn't easy! Most of the time is works out fine but the rest of it turns out really different from what I was hoping for. I have to remember that these are just gaming pieces... they don't have to be a work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Friends