February 6, 2013

Marauder Horsemen

As a break from painting Anglo-Danes I have brought forth some relics from my cabinet. I started the Marauder Horsemen about three years ago but I never got past a preliminary basecoat. It took me a while longer than I thought to get these done and so I just concentrated on two and got them finished. I have huge piles, like everyone else, of unpainted or half painted stuff. I would slowly like to work my way through all of this and not buy too much this year. Getting a restart on my Chaos army would be great as I have about five unopened boxes of stuff for that army. Hopefully it is enough to get an actual functional army together!

I kept these guys in a similar style to my other marauders. It is hard to match them all together as there has been a huge gap in painting. Looking at these in comparison to the older ones I have done I can really pick up some differences. The skin tone isn't the same. I managed to achieve a much better colour before. I guess I just worked the colour better and to a higher contrast. I will have to keep tha in mind as I go forward. I am using up the last of my Tallarn Flesh(GW) but soon I will have to switch over to the Cadian Skintone(GW), I am not looking forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely paintjob! I really liked the white horses and the bases. I have also like 20 of these, almost fully asembled but without basecoat xD
    I must finish converting them in order to paint them. I think I´m gonna paint some white horses too. Is that Skull White?
    Also! the armour looks neat too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Skull White I think. I mainly highlighted with sme greys but the main colour you see is Skull White.

      Delete

About Me

Friends