January 26, 2012

Bits and Bobs - Celestial Fulcrum

So here was my Celestial Fulcrum colser to the start of the week. The model is enormous and has far too many surfaces. The model dosen't fit together perfectly and to get it closer to what I am assuming is correct I have to trim a lot of the joins. The biggest problem being that the ring is not circular. If glues together as it comes one of the pieces, the one that appears to be floating free is a good few degrees from where it should be. This secondarily leads to italmost touching the central ball. After I noticed this I had already glued the model together. A few curses later I had everything apart again... old super glue is good for this at least.

So now the model is getting close to finished. The biggest problem I am having is in deciding if I should colour the runic inscriptions or not. I have built up a decent highlighting contrast on the rocks. Its not perfect but fairly decent. If I add bright glowing runes across the surface of this I will lose a lot of that effect. So I am not sure what to do. There are not that many painted versions floating on the interweb so I can't see much of what others have done.

I will have time to decide tday as I need to begin flocking the hill I made. The end of January looms and I would like to have it finished for that. Hopefullly the airbrush can speed the painting up a good bit. I am also finishing of some Farrow so I have plenty of distractions this week for my hooby time.


  1. This is what I did. http://quadiron.blogspot.com/2012/01/painted-celestial-fulcrum-finished.html

    With the noticable highlight you have between the two, I'm not sure what I'd do in your place either.

  2. Well no green runes so far... not sure if it will stay that way!


About Me